Saturday, February 23, 2013

Lost Sheep Game

Lost Sheep Game
Matthew 18:12-14
In this game, the children have to see if they can find the one lost sheep.  I made several bushes (more than pictured here) and put magnets on the back of each one so I could use this game on our large magnetic whiteboard.  A cookie sheet could be used just as well.  I put a sticker of a sheep on the back of only one of the bushes.  I cut out people from Cricut to make my shepherd.  The children take turns turning over a bush until someone finally finds the one lost sheep.  Many times we will mix up all the bushes and play again.

This same game could be played for the story of the Lost Coin (Luke 15:8-10).  The shepherd could be made into a lady instead and a real coin could be taped or glued to the back of the pieces.  Instead of bushes, the pieces could be cut out of brown paper to be dust piles.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment